Well, what a year 2018 has been! We’d love to say that it’s all been plain sailing, but, it hasn’t! We thought, as part of our Christmas message to you we’d include the top 10 things we’ve learned this year, which may or may not make you giggle – there’s also a bit of a caption competition featuring our very own Simon and a certain MP (clickbait?!).
We would also like to take this opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas and the best possible 2019!
Thing’s we’ve learned in 2018.
- Jobs taken on this year are up 30%, candidate flow has remained about the same as in 2017. Number of counter-offers we’ve had to deal with are slightly less in 2018!
- Talent does exist, but it’s unrealistic to expect to fill permanent roles within 48 hours
- A counter-offer of over £20,000 is a real thing!
- Candidates genuinely do have accidents on the way to interviews (don’t worry, they’re fine!)
- It always comes down to money – even if you’re offering all the soft benefits in the world if the offer isn’t right, the candidate won’t accept.
- Ransomware is a little bit pants
- We hate office 365
- Our clients are some of the nicest that any recruiters can have, and when we accidentally sent them an email 20 times they realised it’s an IT glitch and not deliberate (can you tell we’ve had IT problems this year?!)
- Starting salaries have continued to rise & candidate availability has been slightly better, but account managers are like finding a sensible politician!
- Speaking of sensible politicians… Only Simon (who always sees someone he knows wherever he goes) can strike up a conversation with BoJo in NYC…. We’d welcome what you think he might be saying to him….!!!
What a way to end the year!